[wellylug] gpg-crypter, edgy eft & etch.

Adam Bogacki afb at paradise.net.nz
Wed Dec 6 10:04:35 NZDT 2006

Hi Jethro,

	I did not get a chance to read your last mail - playing with a 256MB
USB drive containing Union FS took out /boot, including the kernel
image, so I installed Edgy Eft over both Deb & XP partitions & am
currently configuring .. I find /etc/resolv.conf is being overwritten ..
"Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver (3) generated by
resolv.conf(8) .. DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND - YOUR CHANGES WILL BE
OVERWRITTEN" .. but I had to edit by hand to get this connectivity.

	 When I installed gpg-crypter your name popped up so I thought you were
the author - having heard your presentation at WellyLUG. On reflection,
I realised it was because I had entered your gpg key in Seahorse, the
Deb key manager. All my keys were wiped during the Eft install ..

	Does anyone know when Etch is due, and how it will be distributed ? I
have my Woody 3.0 CD's but would like to have an option of going to Deb
4.0 .. there are many attractive & usable features with Edgy but having
worked with Sid for ~ 6 years, I still pine for Deb.

Cheers,  Adam.