[wellylug] Scripts no longer executing

Alex Thomson Alex.Thomson at solnetsolutions.co.nz
Thu Dec 14 09:41:49 NZDT 2006

andrej at paradise.net.nz wrote:
> Quoting John Durham <johndurh at spunge.org>:
>
>> I thought this problem was in the past, but after sorting out the
>> others
>> it has returned once more. All the cgi and pl scripts on my server are
>> being treated as simple text files by the browser. Permissions are set
>> to 755 in each case, but when I attempt to test one by loading it into
>> Firefox browser, the text of the script appears.
>
> And as always the question: what (have you) changed? :}

One thing to check I guess is that you have the line:

print "Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1\n\n"

In your perl file, and the file is in the correct cgi-bin directory,
otherwise I believe it just displays as text as you are seeing.

Attention:
This email may contain information intended for the sole use of
the original recipient. Please respect this when sharing or
disclosing this email's contents with any third party. If you
believe you have received this email in error, please delete it
and notify the sender or postmaster at solnetsolutions.co.nz as
soon as possible. The content of this email does not necessarily
reflect the views of SolNet Solutions Ltd.