[wellylug] follow-up on job-ad-question ...

Jethro carr jethro.carr at jedolinux.com
Sat Feb 11 09:28:48 NZDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-02-11 at 09:13 +1300, Ewen McNeill wrote:
> In message <200602110040.13743.jon at jon.geek.nz>, Jonathan Harker writes:
> >On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 12:36, andrej at paradise.net.nz wrote:
> >> I feel bad enough about doing this anyway. :}
> >
> >What's bad about posting a Linux job on a Linux list...?
>
> Because we ask people to avoid posting advertising to the mailing list.
> Which I suggested because I've seen far too many forums taken over by
> the advertising and lose their original character.  Yes, Linux job
> adverts are relatively benign, but IME some advertising leads to more
> advertising and gradually the original purpose seems to fade into the
> background.  ("No advertising" is also a clearer line for everyone than
> having endless meta discussions about "good" and "bad" advertising each
> time.)

speaking about advertising, it seems right for a reminder:

these is also a wellylug trading list, if you are interesting in
buying/selling old hardware with other lug members.

just visit the discussion page on the website for it's details.

thanks,

--
Jethro Carr <jethro.carr at jedolinux.com>

www.jethrocarr.jedolinux.com