[wellylug] Very Important: Meeting of 13th Feb 2005

Mark Foster blakjak at blakjak.net
Wed Feb 15 21:23:32 NZDT 2006

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, Jamie Baddeley wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 19:40 +1300, Mark Foster wrote:
>
>> Lawyer charge for registration and lodgement process $1800
>> Accountant to set up financial and audit processes $750
>> Accountant for yearly tax returns $195
>> We were to have a bank account set up as a Trust. This would cost between
>> $1200 - $2000 depending on details and requirements.
>>
>> -- This to incorporate our club as a non profit society.
>
> Right. So the LUG has $275 in cash now.
>
> Mark, is it 2K total?
> So do we have 120 members prepared to contribute $15 dollars each to
> incorporate?
>
> or is it 7K total?
> So do we have 140 members prepared to contribute $50 dollars each to
> incorporate?
>
> Of course this may be made easier by some corporate contributions to
> help us incorporate.
>
> If we do have the numbers then this is a viable option to be considered.
> If we don't then we should stop thinking about this as an option and
> kill the idea dead.

I'm not sure, to be honest. I'm guessing, looking at the numbers, its
going to be ~5k maximum. Could possibly be a lot less.

But frankly I dont see that the benefits of doing so are worth the cost...

So My personal POV is, kill it dead... and lets focus on the practical
side of whats required to sort the LUG's future out.

Mark.