[wellylug] Very Important: Meeting of 13th Feb 2005

Jamie Baddeley wellylug at vpc.co.nz
Wed Feb 15 22:27:13 NZDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 22:06 +1300, David Antliff wrote:
> While constructive debate is usually a good thing, the forum needs to be
> appropriate. Wasn't there a mailing list created specifically for this
> type of discussion? Would it be possible to conduct the debate there and
> then have someone report back to the main list once a decision has been
> reached, or perhaps to alert other members of a particular issue that
> might warrant some attention (without the presumption of response on the
> main list)?

people saying that this sort of debate is noisy could be contrued as a
lack of interest in the topic itself, which I would assess to be a no.

:-)

Just for the record, I have no opinion on one way or the other, I just
thought going through the process would clarify the position once and
for all.

cheers

jamie