[wellylug] Very Important: Meeting of 13th Feb 2005

Mark Foster blakjak at blakjak.net
Thu Feb 16 00:05:50 NZDT 2006

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, Jamie Baddeley wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 21:23 +1300, Mark Foster wrote:
>
>> So My personal POV is, kill it dead...
>
> OK, so that's one member who's not prepared to contribute to the
> establishment of WellyLug Inc.
>
> Cool.
>
> what about the rest of you?
>
> jamie

I didn't say I wasnt prepared to contribute. Just that it is not the
course of action i would reccomend _to address the issues being raised
currently_.

Follow up posts have indicated that the dollar figures I quoted (which
were from a third party I must point out) are wildly exaggurated... this
may be true. Ewen may have a recollection of what NZOSS paid to become
incorporated.  It wasnt in the thousands, i'm fairly sure.

If the LUG decide incorporation will be the magical solve-our-problems
solution then i'm all for it, but I do feel that if we take stock of the
where-do-we-want-to-go, it is not a _necessity_.  It may be a small
advantage in some areas and a small disadvantage in others.

IMHO.

Mark.