[wellylug] multi-boot issue - warning slightly OT

Geraint M. Jones G.Jones at french-maid.co.nz
Mon Jan 30 08:27:24 NZDT 2006

And is response to myself seems you may want to consider shifting to
GRUB (or if that's what you use read this anyway)

http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-mini/Multiboot-with-GRUB.html

"This turned out to be quite a challenge. The problem with Microsoft
operating system is that they all want to boot from the primary
partition. This is where GRUB comes in. It can hide primary partitions.
You can use up to 3 partitions to install Microsoft operating systems.
GRUB will hide the other 2 partitions so that the operating systems will
not see it. This means you will need another partition to share data
between DOS, Win9x and Windows 2000. The 4th partition is used for the
extended partition.
"

"title Windows 2000
unhide (hd0,0)