[wellylug] Transferring GPG key 'DebianSid' > WinXP

Sebastian Henschel aotearoa at kodeaffe.de
Tue Jul 4 23:01:57 NZST 2006

hello Adam...

* Adam Bogacki <afb at paradise.net.nz> [2006-07-04 15:57 +1200]:
> Hi, I have gpg working with Mutt and mozilla-thunderbird-enigmail on my
> Deb Sid partition and wish to be able to use it similarly on the WinXP partition.
>
> Unfortunately, I am getting the output below.
>
> What am I missing here ?
>
> Tux:~/.gnupg# ls
> gpg.conf  pubring.gpg  pubring.gpg~  secring.gpg  trustdb.gpg
> Tux:~/.gnupg# gpg -a --export mykey >> mykey.asc
> gpg: WARNING: nothing exported
> Tux:~/.gnupg# gpg --armour --export-secret-keys mykey > myseckey.asc
> gpg: WARNING: nothing exported
> Tux:~/.gnupg# gpg -a --export-clean mykey >> mykey.asc
> gpg: Invalid option "--export-clean"
> Tux:~/.gnupg# gpg --export --armor mykey > mykey.asc
> gpg: WARNING: nothing exported
> Tux:~/.gnupg# gpg --export-secret-keys --armour mykey > mykey.asc
> gpg: WARNING: nothing exported
> Tux:~/.gnupg#

the last command definitely works here. are you sure you are your
standard user and not root?  your prompt looks a bit like a default
bash root prompt.

how does 'mykey' look like exactly? did you try the 4-byte key id or one
of the email addresses attached to the key?

bye,
 Sebastian

--
 _   ascii ribbon campaign     .oOo.   GCSd-s:+aC++ULB+++W++M+PS+++Y+
( )