[wellylug] install troubles

Pete Black pete at marchingcubes.com
Wed Jul 26 10:35:57 NZST 2006

Thats pretty vague.

What is the exact error, what is the configuration of your disks, and
why do you think its got anything to do with reformatting under NTFS?

If I had to guess, i'd say the kernel is paniccing because is cannot
find its root filesystem, most likely because the 'root=XXX' kernel
parameter is wrong. Many distros use partition labels (e.g.
root=/dev/ROOT) rather than a specific partition name (root=/dev/hda1) -
in some instances these tags do not get correctly set up and the kernel
will not boot without manually modifying GRUB to point at the correct
location.

However, i have no idea if this is actually your problem.

-Pete