[wellylug] Getting linux installed

S Gallaghan gall at buzz.net.nz
Sat Jun 17 10:59:28 NZST 2006

Hi

where abouts are you?

Ok I have been running Xandros for awhile now but have had a few problems with it so I had tried out various other distributions such as suse 10.1, Fedora Core 5 and Kubuntu. I was able to install Suse 10.1 fine and get everything working though I was not able to install any software due to YAST being broken, Kubuntu I had issues with admin passwords not being accepted (5.10) I couldn’t install 6.06? as it would hang when starting the install. And Fedora Core 5 would not let me enable the wireless network card even though it detected it.

After reading various forums to correct these problems I was not any better off. I really did like the look of suse but not being able to install anything was a pain.

I don’t know if it is against the rules to ask if anyone would be interested in making some money installing linux for me and also a few apps. I am not to fussed on what version as long as I can get Thunderbird as the email client, konquerer as the browser, Mercury as the messenger program and the ability to be able to watch DVD's on the laptop and to be able to copy dvd's if possible.

I have an asus a6u laptop with an 64bit turion processor 1.6ghz 640mb of Ram

Anyway any help would be appreciated

Steve