[wellylug] repository timed out issues

Steve steve at twininstallations.co.nz
Fri Jun 23 10:30:17 NZST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: wellylug-bounces at lists.wellylug.org.nz
[mailto:wellylug-bounces at lists.wellylug.org.nz] On Behalf Of
andrej at paradise.net.nz
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2006 8:36 AM
To: Wellington Linux Users Group
Subject: RE: [wellylug] repository timed out issues

Quoting Steve <steve at twininstallations.co.nz>:

>> Your DNS is buggered.... their IP is 202.7.6.9, not 1.0.0.0

> And just how do I go about fixing this problem??

How is your network set-up, how do you resolve names, who's your
ISP?

What does /etc/resolv.conf look like?

Cheers,
Andrej

Ok I am not that up with the play here so I hope I am giving the right
information

My Isp is Ihug

I will copy as much data from the router as I can

I have it set as a dhcp server with dns mode set to auto
Dns relay selection is set to "user discovered dns server only"
In the Wan section default route and Nat are enabled

I am not with the laptop at the moment but from memory I recall the
resolv.conf file having only 1.0.0.0 and nothing else

Wellington Linux Users Group Mailing List: wellylug at lists.wellylug.org.nz