[wellylug] Opensouce "infectious" and should be "Quarantined" - NZ Government..

Brett Taylor brett at webfroot.co.nz
Sun Mar 5 09:40:27 NZDT 2006

The digg headline (which is being used as the subject line of this
email) is quoted out of context.  The document seems to be informing
those considering developing on top of other OSS and what will happen
if they choose to build on something like the GPL -- it requires that
the product they make is GPL.   While I think the term 'infectious'
isn't the right word, a smart developer reading the document would
understand the concept it's putting forward.  The document makes
sense to me.

The headline is sensationalised.  Heck, that site is running on OSS.
It's running Plone and Python on Linux for heavens sake.

~brett