[wellylug] Oracle Database tuning in Linux environments

Gerald Roehrbein Gerald.Roehrbein at pro-grundgesetz.org
Sun Mar 12 05:42:55 NZDT 2006

Hello,

is there anybody interested in starting a course "Oracle database
tuning"?

I would write some articles if there are some fellows interested in this
with the following content:

* Starting the performance task
* Comparison of the efficiency using an analyst or new hardware
* Gathering data
* Ad hoc performance management (Instance and SQL)
(offer and explaining some generic scripts written for BASH and PL/SQL)
-> Buffer Cache tuning
-> Shared Pool tuning
-> Enqueues and latches
-> Wait event analysis
-> Using Oracle trace files for identification of performance problems
-> SQL*Net tuning (PRO*C related)
* Forecast Oracle performance
(offer and explain a JAVA program for doing Oracle forecast
based upon some gatherer processes made by myself
and using data gatheres like Oracle Statspack)
-> Using statistics and methods of the famous German mathematician
Carl Friedrich Gauss in the 21. century

Most is related to instance and some to application, data model and SQL
but everything is tested in a Linux environment and working in any
environment offering a BASH shell and JAVA AWT.

Everything related to single instance and real application clusters up
to Oracle 10gRel2.

Probably my english is bad but the facts will be really usefull. I have
found some very interesting methods and relations by myself. I will
offer a lot of information you will not find in any book.

kind regards
Gerald

If you find typos it's allowed to keep them.
But if you would help me to increase syntax and semantic I would love
it.