[wellylug] A few queries

Tim O'Flaherty timothy.oflaherty at xtra.co.nz
Sun Mar 19 11:14:14 NZST 2006

Hi all

I recently had to reset my Redmond OS, as it was missing the IP, Subnet and
Default mask as well as Primary and Secondary DNS details.

having rebooted into Suse, I am finding that I am having trouble connecting
to the 'net.

DHCP is showing the correct Primary and Secondary DNS details, so that's all
good BUT how do I go about setting the IP, Subnet and Default mask? (yes, I
will _eventually_ get around to wiping the redmond, which leads me to the
second query....)

I'm running Suse on a 40 G on a primary slave, but am thinking of wiping
Redmond OS completely. To do that, I need to know how to transfer the
partitions over, and possibly (well, probably) having to rewrite the
MBR/LILO/GRUB in order to remove any traces.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks