[wellylug] kororaa - xgl

Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd daniel at centurion.net.nz
Thu Mar 23 08:23:35 NZST 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 21:50 +1200, Glen Ogilvie wrote:
> Hi
>
> Just thought I'd share my experience last weekend with kororaa, live cd.
> http://kororaa.org/static.php?page=static060318-181203
>
> It's a livecd that, if you have a supported graphics card (nvidia), runs an
> xgl session, that you can play with.   I'd suggest, anyone interested in
> really cool graphics stuff in linux try if for fun..  It's kind of like the
> MacOS X stuff, with transparencies, 3d rotating desktop.
>
> I tried it in the weekend, on a low spec machine with a $100 (back 2 years
> ago) nvidia graphics card, and it worked pretty good and was a lot of fun,
> the wobbly windows even made me want to have it in my full time distro.
>
> As a side note, you won't see me any WellyLug meetings anymore, as I am now
> living in Auckland.

And you didnt even bother to say goodbye d:-)

I've tried it and will bring the live cd along to the Hutt Lug meeting
tonight.  Anybody want to volunteer a PC wint an nvidia graphics card.
I'v run it on a Duron 1.3 with 768Mb and a Geforce MX440, and it runs
sweet.

--
        Daniel Reurich
        Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Limited

        Ph: (04) 565 1832
        Mobile: (021) 797 722

        email: daniel at centurion.net.nz