[wellylug] CentOS 4.3

Ian Beardslee itb at falcons.co.nz
Thu Mar 23 14:02:12 NZST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: David Murray <>
To: Wellington Linux Users Group <>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 12:38:07 +1200 (NZST)
Subject: Re: [wellylug] CentOS 4.3

> On Thu, 23 Mar 2006, Ian Beardslee wrote:
>
> > I'm in the process of starting to suck down the ISOs I was just
> wondering
> > if anyone else has been doing the same and maybe already has them
> down?
> >
> > I already have 1 and 4 down and will setup 2 to come down tonight.
>
> Hi Ian.
>
> What are the key changes between this version and the previous one?

My understanding that it is just an update following on from RedHat's
Enterprise Linux 4 Update 3 ...

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/docs/html/release-notes/as-x86/RELEASE-
NOTES-U3-en.html

Although there does seem to be a new update system as well as a few
updates/bugfixes to packages, there seem to be no brand new features.
I'm after it just to make sure I start a project with the latest release
and hopefully less glitches.

Cheers