[wellylug] DNS beginner adding javascript

John Durham johndurh at spunge.org
Mon Nov 6 12:01:05 NZDT 2006

Cliff Pratt wrote:
> If you are talking about moving your Domain Name from one DNS service
> provider to another, then usually the *receiving* service provider will
> provide a web page for you to use to transfer the DNS zone for your
> Domain Name to them. You use the UDAI as an authority to authorise the
> move. If the new service provider doesn't have a web-based method and is
> any good then they can arrange the transfer but may need the UDAI. The
> UDAI is the key to your Domain Name so don't give it out lightly.
>
> The key is to do the move through the **receiving** DNS service
> supplier, not the current DNS service provider.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cliff

Thanks, the transfer has now been completed successfully (over the
weekend). The rest of the net should catch up in a few days. After all
that, the process of installing the needed features to render web pages
properly has begun with java setup. Testing the function of the site is
difficult from my end, since I'm in the one place where it's hard to see
it from the outside. In some places where the update has not happened
yet, some of you may see the old site (making it look deceptively
normal). Meantime, can you try clicking this link and tell me if the
virus map in the middle of this page comes up?
http://modecideas.com/newitems.html
Note: If you see a note at the top of the page about the movement to a
new server, you have loaded the one from the old host.

--
Regards, John Durham <http://modecideas.com/contact.html?sig>
ICQ number 112663246