[wellylug] AV Editing on Linux

E.Chalaron e.chalaron at xtra.co.nz
Fri Nov 10 16:55:09 NZDT 2006

Hi John
Kino is not  designed to handle VOB / MPEG files and will never be (as
said by the main devel.)
Try the following :
ffmpeg or mplayer/mencoder
Videolan has something called x264, seems to be even better than H264
Other tool could be mpeg2dec that you can pipe into one of the previous.
The biggest worry is to resolve all dependencies and bugs, and there
good luck if you ask something on their list.
If you dont want to bother too much convert that to MPEG1 with a mux
rate of 1500 with half PAL size. You can then cut the MPEG where you
want and just cat all the pieces together.

Cheers
Edouard