[wellylug] rsync question(s)

John Durham johndurh at spunge.org
Wed Nov 15 14:05:36 NZDT 2006

I have rsysnc installed under windows XP on the same network as my
ubuntu server. The function of the windows utility seems to be to create
a batch file which can be run from the command prompt (please correct me
on that if needed). It was a pleasant surprise to see it attempting to
make a connection. To make a log story short, it produced the following
message: The remote path must start with a module name not a /
rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at
main.c(1296) [sender=2.6.8]
Terminating server channel ...

Can anyone explain this so I can get to the next step please?
--
Regards, John Durham <http://modecideas.com/contact.html?sig>
ICQ number 112663246