[wellylug] ihug internet problems

Nic Cave-Lynch nic at tymar.com
Tue Nov 21 12:26:17 NZDT 2006

Hi all

Is anyone else having problems with internet access that involves ihug?

I've got an ipsec tunnel from my office (on telstraclear cable) to a client who
uses ihug. Normally things are fine, and the tunnel is rock solid, but since
about Sunday, it's been as flakey as an the paint on an old house. After a hint,
I discovered that it's not just the tunnel, but ihug that seems to be the
problem. If I ping www.ihug.co.nz from my office, it's consistently losing
around 5% of the packets. I don't have the problem with any other address that I
can think of to try.

Any ideas/comments/similar experiences?

Cheers

Nic C-L