[wellylug] rsync question(s)

John Durham johndurh at spunge.org
Tue Nov 21 15:33:26 NZDT 2006

andrej at paradise.net.nz wrote:
> Quoting John Durham <johndurh at spunge.org>:If you install putty you also get (if you install the suite, that is)
> pscp, which is the equivalent of scp.  To the best of my knowledge the
> putty installer doesn't modify your PATH, though, therefore you won't
> "see" the command from a command-line.  HIH.
>

> Cheers,
> Andrej
> That turned out to be a good idea, thanks. It took a while to get response from the system (and some adjustments to the network), but there was some response at last. The command I used was written to copy html file updates from the XP pro system to the ubuntu system using this:

pscp d:\Web_pages\New_Webstuff\*.html
johndurh at ubuntu:home/johndurh/Website/modecideas.com
It produced a long list of actions, most of which were like this:
pscp unable to open /home/johndurh/Website/modecideas.com/wireless.html:
permission denied

Do the file permissions need altering for this to work?