[wellylug] NETBEUI on Ubuntu

John Durham johndurh at spunge.org
Mon Oct 23 08:25:17 NZDT 2006

Gerald Roehrbein wrote:
> Hello,
>
> SCCS, Visual Source Safe, PVCS, TeamWindows or another configuration
> management tool (in Germany this is the generic description of those
> tools)  should do this as required. This depends on configuration.
>
> If I have a cm only for Windows (like Source Safe) and I do development
> at Windows and have to deploy to a LINUX system I would mount the LINUX
> file systems at the Windows computer. But there are a lot of other
> possibilities.
>

> SCCS seems to be what you need. In a professional environment we will
> have three stages
>
> * dev
> * test
> * prod
>
> You have to organize the transport from dev to prod via test and be sure
> that there is no way to move files direct from dev to prod without
> quality management.
>
> There are a lot of methods you could use to solve this problem.
>
> By the way you will, with a valid SCCS tool and setup, solve your
> "transporting problem" in a professional way.
>
> I do not have an idea what would be the best for you. You started this
> thread with really no information and we have to guess what your problem
> is.
>
> If you want a solution you should describe your servers in details (type
> and role), the way you work (the process) and what you would like to
> simplify.
>

> kind regards
> Gerald

I take your word for it that these systems may be better. At the same
time, they are new to me (unknown acronyms). For testing up to now, I
created a run log system in the script and ran it on the web server. The
results were then analyzed by scrutinizing the log of each run. It is
effective, and has resulted in numerous improvements.