[wellylug] Ubuntu troubles install

Cliff Pratt enkidu at cliffp.com
Fri Sep 8 09:26:51 NZST 2006

e.chalaron at xtra.co.nz wrote:
> Hi There
>
> Back from holidays and still stucked with my AMD64 and trying
> (desperately) to install Ubuntu AMD64 Server. Bascially the install
> does crash whatever the Ubuntu (desktop, server, 64 or not). I end up
> with a kernel problem, not syncing VFS or something.
>
> Can anybody help before I install windows on it (blackmail, just
> kidding)..., any meeting, installfest or equivalent ? Thanks a lot

No idea without more info. The machine I'm writing this on is an AMD64
and I'm using Ubuntu 6.06. The first disk I tried would only partially
load, but I re-grabbed the ISO and the second one worked fine.

Incidentally, have you tried the 32bit version on that machine? If that
has probs, I'd say that you had hardware issues.

Cheers,

Cliff