[wellylug] hi from Tokyo

scott scott at slackisland.org
Mon Sep 11 17:09:19 NZST 2006

Hi Wellylug,

My name is Scott VanDusen. I'm working for an Indian software company in
Tokyo doing network and system administration, and am a long time linux
fan. I use Debian and Centos4 at work, but sadly the majority of people
here are on XP, and so I spend a lot of time fixing windows problems and
maintaining the exchange servers, etc. I also use Knoppix all the time
to introduce users to the power of the penguin.

Anyway, I've been in Japan for 11 years now (I'm originally from the
states) but after 4 years in Tokyo my wife and I are ready to move.
We're going to visit Wellington this November. I'm going to meet with
some headhunting agencies, and with any luck we'll be moving to
Wellington early next year. So I look forward to meeting some of you
either online or in Wellington.

Cheers,

Scott