[wellylug] Problem accessing local URL with browser

Roger Young r.young at irl.cri.nz
Wed Sep 13 22:14:25 NZST 2006

I have a program which uses Firefox to connect
to a port on my home machine (Beauty). At least it tries to,
but the internet proxy (Privoxy) reports that

"Your request for http://beauty:2080/v6.5/index.html could
not be fulfilled, because the connection to
beauty (10.1.1.2) could not be established."

I can telnet successfully to this IP number. If I disable the
proxy then I get a "connection was refused" error. I'm not
sure where to look next. Can someone enlighten me?

Regards,
Roger.

Slackware Linux v.10.2
Linux kernel v.2.6.13