[wellylug] Mac

John Fouhy john at fouhy.net
Thu Sep 28 15:06:59 NZST 2006

On 29/09/06, E.Chalaron <e.chalaron at xtra.co.nz> wrote:
> Hi all
> Who among us is using a Mac Os X.whatever ?
> How close does it relate to Linux/Unix and what could be minimum spec for HD video work ?

I have a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.4 (Tiger).

You get a bash shell.  You don't get focus-follows-mouse (it's a bit
awkward with a universal menu bar) or multiple desktops (although you
can get an extension to do that).  You get X11, but X11 apps look and
feel different from Mac native, so many people prefer not to use them.
 It's quite different from a system-administration point of view, but
I'm not really qualified to comment more.

--
John.