[wellylug] Time zone

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Fri Sep 29 12:33:14 NZST 2006

"E.Chalaron" <e.chalaron at xtra.co.nz> writes:

> Sorry for the wrong time zone in my emails...  I have running DSL on a
> 300Mhz old PC with sylpheed as an email client.  Anyway, time seems to
> be ok on the system here, local network time is provided by my ipcop
> machine I am not really sure where to look now... :-) but I am on it.

Become root, then run 'tzconfig' and answer the questions.

After that you will need to reset your system time if you are storing
local time, rather than UTC, in the hardware clock.

Regards,
        Daniel
--
Digital Infrastructure Solutions -- making IT simple, stable and secure
Phone: 0401 155 707        email: contact at digital-infrastructure.com.au
                 http://digital-infrastructure.com.au/