[wellylug] Ubuntu

Leo McKEEFRY leo.mary at clear.net.nz
Wed Apr 11 18:19:28 NZST 2007

Hello list members,
                            I am trying to run a copy of Ubuntu from CD as a trial. Mainly to find out if I can manage to return to handling command lines and also I am sick to death of the crashes my M/S XP platform makes.
        I have forgotten how to use a disk to boot the system. Previously I seem to remember all I had to do was leave the boot disk in drive "A" and start the machine. This doesn't seem to work with CD rom drawer. Any help would be gratefully accepted. I have been being helped by Jethro Carr over the last week and his help has been unstinting and most valueable, but feel I should let the Webmaster do his job and use the list now,cheers Leo.