[wellylug] Ubuntu

Mark Foster blakjak at blakjak.net
Wed Apr 11 19:01:13 NZST 2007

To be a little clearer...

Leo,
Check in your system bios that your CDROM appears prior to your Hard
Drives in the boot order.  The LiveCD (presuming this is what you have) is
bootable, but the BIOS must try for a CD based boot before it hits the
hard drive and boots your local OS.

Most systems hit the Floppy Drive First by default (or used to!) which is
why this wouldn't have needed to be an issue in the past.

HTH

Mark.