[wellylug] about squid

Mian Lin armislin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 10:03:26 NZST 2007

Hi anyone,

I come across an  odd problem with squid. I use a openbsd machine as a squid
and firewall server.

One of another openbsd machine (which has the DNS server on it)  is able to
use proxy to access internet, but my another  centos machine isn't.

I use lynx to access internet in the centos machine, it says "http required
sent, waiting for response". When I disable the http_proxy setting, it is
working through the firewall NAT setting same as another openbsd machine.. I
use firefox too, but it just lets you wait other than saying something
useful. So I use lynx instead to test accessing the internet.

I didnt set any special rules in firewall, just allow all pass and keep
state for debugging.

I used pfctl -vss |grep 3128, it shows connection established between two
machines. (something like 192.168.100.1:3128-> 192.168.100.12:44422
established)

But used pfctl -vss |grep 10.1.1.30 , it shows 10.1.1.30->
66.102.7.147(google address)  time wait :time wait:

After a while pfctl -vss |grep 10.1.1.30 ,it shows nothing and pfctl -vss
|grep 3128 shows fin_wait

The adsl using 10.1.1.1, but I set the DNS manually. Cause recently I got
1.0.0.0 dns lookup problem

The firewall and proxy ip is 10.1.1.30 and 192.168.100.1, port 3128

The Centos machine ip is 198.168.100.12, in this machine, it can ping
www.google.co.nz <http://www.google.co.nz/> , without  problem, but just
cannot access internet by lynx and firewall.

Any hints are welcome!

Cheers,

Mian

  _____