[wellylug] Blocking bad IPs from server

Jethro Carr jethro.carr at jethrocarr.com
Fri Jan 26 19:17:11 NZDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 18:59 +1300, John Durham wrote:
> That's an interesting concern. I can only tell you the command Andre
> gave me seemed to work. The server has been quiet since, but I have not
> noticed any performance effects. If you want to test it out from your
> end, try bringing up my website. Let me know what problems if any you have.

problem: your site is not accessible at all from my system - my
webbrowser is unable to connect at all. (I'm on a residential ihug ADSL
line)

I am able to ping it, so I would assume somehow you have blocked port 80
traffic to my IP - or possibly to all IPs by mistake.

--
Jethro Carr

www.jethrocarr.com
www.jethrocarr.com/index.php?page=cv/cv.php