[wellylug] Help in finding a good technical/Linux related bookstore

nic nic at tymar.com
Wed Jun 13 17:45:53 NZST 2007

Do you have some specific application where you feel detailed knowledge of awk and sed is
necessary?

At risk of starting a flame war, I'd suggest that the time for needing a lot of detailed
knowledge of things like awk and sed has passed, and that if you need to do anything
remotely complex, then it's almost certainly easier and quicker to do in Python. I don't
know enough to say whether Ruby is good for the scripting area, but if so, then that could
be a contender too.

Feel free to direct all abuse to /dev/null

Cheers

Nic C-L