[wellylug] Frontpage to something useful?

Jeff Hunt jeffhunt90 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 15:19:32 NZST 2007

I have struggled with similar problems across the years and never really
found a quick technique. What I use at present is Amaya which is Open Source
and part of W3C.
If a page is very simple you can create a new (valid) page in the (X)HTML of
your choice and paste in text and insert images. You still need  time and
learning though.
It works for me because I have my own sites and stylesheet that I know my
way around and I can paste in text and install pictures and use existing
style to do quick fine-tuning.
I hope someone knows a neater technique and can tell us.
http://humanist.org.nz/sitehumanist/maintain.html is an example.

Unfortunately Amaya is not yet powerful enough to unscramble the sort of
stuff Frontpage creates and you would get hundreds of error messages.

Cheers