[wellylug] Asus Eee pc and Xandros

Alex Thomson alex.thomson at solnetsolutions.co.nz
Mon Nov 12 15:39:17 NZDT 2007

Bruce Hoult wrote:
> On Nov 12, 2007 3:06 PM, Alex Thomson
> <alex.thomson at solnetsolutions.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> I was thinking this might be handy connected to the home theater system
>> for serving up mp3s/divx's ... deal-breaker for me is the lack of optical drive
>> ... Anybody know how well it copes decoding divxs perchance?
>>

> Why bother when you can get something that plays mp3 and divx off
> CDs/DVDs/several kinds of memory cards, and USB drives for $80 from
> the supermarket?  Oh, and regular CDs and DVDs too, as a bonus :-)

Would be nice to replace my "good" laptop currently doing this with a
$80 DVD player from Pack & Save, but they generally have godawful UIs,
composite video, 2-ch analog sound and no network support (let alone
wireless).

Anyway, back on topic there are stories floating around of a desktop
model too coming out early next year, that are positively tiny.
Interesting to see how this pans out, I think they could be onto a
winner! :)

Attention:
This email may contain information intended for the sole use of
the original recipient. Please respect this when sharing or
disclosing this email's contents with any third party. If you
believe you have received this email in error, please delete it
and notify the sender or postmaster at solnetsolutions.co.nz as
soon as possible. The content of this email does not necessarily
reflect the views of Solnet Solutions Ltd.