[wellylug] sql query so slooooooow

E Chalaron e.chalaron at xtra.co.nz
Tue Nov 20 11:12:04 NZDT 2007

Hi there
I am trying a MysQl query, which seems to me relatively easy.
I am trying that with command lines so far.
So login to Mysql, select database and

SELECT `task`.`name`, `project`.`name`, `task`.`date_closed` FROM task,
project ORDER BY `task`.`name` ASC, `project`.`name` ASC,
`task`.`date_closed` ASC;

It seems to work but take ages and ages... a look at the processes list
does show mysqld working.
The database has a reasonable amount of data but nothing like GB of them.

I am a complete newbie on that, never had the need before.
If someone spots a beginner error, please let me know.

Cheers