[wellylug] Fedora 7

Jethro Carr jethro.carr at jethrocarr.com
Wed Nov 21 20:46:04 NZDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 20:40 +1300, Mark Foster wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Nov 2007, Jethro Carr wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 18:01 +1300, Mark Foster wrote:
> >>
> >> G'day,
> >>
> >> Anyone know where I might find Fedora 7 on CDROM either in Wellington, or for
> >> Download?
> >>
> >> My Google-Fu is weak, apparently, but I can find lots of FC8... nothing about
> >> verison 7, which I need for a particular purpose...
> >
> > is DVD okay?
> >
> > If so: ftp://ftp.wicks.co.nz/pub/linux/dist/fedora/
>
> Thats great Jethro - ideally though i'td be a CD Image, as the box
> concerned only has a CDROM.  Still I will probably grab the DVD Image...
>
> I've been pointed at
> http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/publiclist/Fedora/7/i386/ but it appears
> most of those sites offer the actual 'contents of' the CD - ideally i'd be
> finding a CD ISO that I can burn directly and then install from...
>
> I found the LiveCD:
>
> http://mirror.anl.gov/pub/fedora/linux/releases/7/Live/i386/
>
> Which apparently you can install from - anyone done it?  Whats 'missing'
> from the LiveCD edition (I presume as a 700meg image its gonna have a lot
> less than the DVD...)
>
> Its been an awful long time since I did an install that wasn't Debian...

There's another option.

Download the small boot CD image 8MB images/boot.iso

eg:
ftp://ftp.wicks.co.nz/pub/linux/dist/fedora/7/i386/os/images/boot.iso

This gives you a bootable CDROM, which you can then use to install
Fedora directly from an FTP or HTTP server from the internet.

I often use this method, as it's easier than downloading all the CDs.

--
Jethro Carr

www.jethrocarr.com
www.jethrocarr.com/index.php?cms=blog