[wellylug] Fedora 7 DVD set Tues night too

Carl Turney c.turney at orcon.net.nz
Mon Oct 22 18:13:19 NZDT 2007

Hello Hutt WellyLUGgers,

I've recently bought the Fedora 7 distro on 3 DVDs (cost ~$50).
Includes lots of apps - far as I can tell.  Then promptly decided to go
over to Debian (or Ubuntu, haven't finalised yet).

Rumour has it that Debian does a better job of managing dependency hell
in its package management system.  After a year and a half, I'm going to
give LINUX one last chance at just being a stable desktop with some
basic AV apps.  Failing that, I'll probably go back to MicroSoft and
just be a blood donor to Count DracGates.

Will bring these Fedora DVDs along, and give to whoever seems the most
sincere in not ignoring them upon adoption.

C U then, Carl

p.s.  Also thinking about making up a bunch of "specs", and paying a
local Debian wizard to set up & debug my system for me.  e.g. Drop off
my computer on some Monday, and pick it up on the following Friday,
hopefully running smoothly.  Any interested parties?

p.p.s.  Sorry (to those who contacted me ~2 months ago) that my employer
insisted/demanded that our company remain 100% Microsoft.  She asked 4
computer people, who all told her that only large organisations use
LINUX, among other nightmares!