[wellylug] Flash for Firefox

Persian veganforlife at clear.net.nz
Tue Sep 11 20:03:18 NZST 2007

Hi Jim

On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 07:50:21 +1200, Jim Cheetham wrote:

> > all the old-releases back to nz.archive?
>
> Probably best to get the old sources.list back, then try running
> upgrade manager again. It should once more ask you if you want to
> change from breezy to dapper - and the answer is yes. This time it
> should make the change to dist name, and also have the right server
> names :-)

Yes it went ahead with the upgrade when I had nz.archive and dapper.

> you to ignore this error - hopefully it will. If it doesn't, we have
> another option, which is to manually edit sources.list, and manually
> upgrade, as per Jonathan's email earlier.
>
> Let us know how you get on :-)

I am writing this from my removeable back up hard drive as the upgrade completely
destroyed my system. I have heaps of error msgs on paper that I need to type
out tomorrow. The X server fails to start, there is no core keyboard, fatal
server error, failed to initiate core devices.
All I have on the upgrade drive is the console and it still even says breezy badger,
Ubuntu's log in screen appears then goes again and just leaves me with a whole
list of errors and at the end says X server is disabled, go and cofigure
it correctly, or words to that effect.

I dont have a snowballs chance in hell of doing that and I do not even wonder
why people have windoze really.

I just dont understand why it isn't possible to upgrade Ubuntu from one ver
to the next using the upgrade button. Must be a damn good reason I guess!

regards
Lyndsay

--

"As long as people will shed the blood of innocent creatures there can be no
peace, no liberty, no harmony between people. Slaughter and justice cannot

"Atrocities are not less atrocities when they occur in laboratories and are
called medical research" - George Bernard Shaw

'The question is not, can they reason?  Nor can they talk?  But can they suffer?
Jeremy Bentham.