[wellylug] Linux Expo

Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd daniel at centurion.net.nz
Sun Sep 23 16:24:57 NZST 2007

On Sun, 2007-09-23 at 08:02 +1200, Lindsay Hunter wrote:
> We briefly discussed another Installfest a few months ago.  The
> enthusiasm waned.  Given that the planet has moved on etc, is there
> another option?.  Do we need another option?  What makes more sense to
> me now is a Linux Expo, with all the entrepreneurs in Wellington showing
> what they can do, have done, etc, and in one corner, a display and
> information desk for home users?  It seems to me that local Linux
> business needs a venue to show local small business that they have an
> alternative, and let them size up the vendors without getting the feet
> wet?  Or do we wait for Dell?

I think this is an awesome idea and a great opportunity to build up the
profile of Open Source in NZ.  I have some contact with people in the
event business, (and have been involved in big event stuff myself), and
could see what the potential costs involved are and see if we can make
it happen.

Hey maybe we should get a team of people together to plan this.  I'd
certainly be keen to help in organising this.

Thanks Lindsay!!

--
Daniel Reurich

Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Limited.
Ph: 021 797 722