[wellylug] Linux Expo

Jethro Carr jethro.carr at jethrocarr.com
Mon Sep 24 13:06:53 NZST 2007

On Mon, 2007-09-24 at 12:49 +1200, Rob Giltrap wrote:
> I have two initial thoughts on the topic.
>
> 1) Could we just go for hosting http://linux.conf.au/ in Jan/Feb 2009?
> Would that be better than reinventing the wheel?
>
> 2) If not linux.conf then I would prefer a broader focussed (if not
> titled) 'Open Source' conference which is more inclusive of other
> technologies including key Wellington companies/software like
> Silverstripe/CMS, Katipo/Koha, Catalyst IT etc.

Linux.conf.au is much more of a technical hacker-type conference, where
as an expo would showcase Linux and Open Source to people with a range
of skill levels.

Probably would be best to name it something like open source expo, since
there will be more than just Linux there.

--
Jethro Carr

www.jethrocarr.com
www.jethrocarr.com/index.php?cms=blog