[wellylug] linux and company

Wayne Koorts wkoorts at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 10:12:28 NZST 2008

Hi,

> I took a look on seek but did not see much job that ask Linux skills.. Is it
> just this website or is it hard to find a job with a industry using
> Linux/Unix ?

It's not huge in this country, not as big as in some others, but you
will certainly find the odd Linux / Unix job here and there.  There
are a couple of approaches I would recommend:

- Apart from Seek you could try TradeMe jobs, www.trademe.co.nz and
click on the Jobs link.
- Just approach companies that you know / think might have a Unix /
Linux component even if they don't have jobs advertised at the moment.
 Approach the big guns like Telecom / gen-i, Datacom, Unisys, HP, IBM
and of course Novell (probably try them first).  All of these
companies have either their main headquarters or at least a major
branch in Wellington.

Good luck,

Regards,
Wayne