[wellylug] TVNZ Olympic coverage online

Rimu Atkinson rimuatkinson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 11:45:44 NZST 2008

> Make sure you have totem-xine installed rather than totem-gstreamer
> (which is the default), and install libxine1-ffmpeg
>
> For whatever reason Totem works much better with xine rather than
> GStreamer, and integrates nicely with things like QuickTime movie
> trailers from http://trailers.apple.com/ as well as the TVNZ coverage.

Cool, I've installed the totem-xine package and the command 'totem-xine'
fires up the right version of Totem... But how can I make so that
totem-xine appears when I double click on a movie, or insert a dvd?
System->Preferences->Preferred applications didn't do anything

I'm using ubuntu with gnome.

Thanks all!