[wellylug] Last meeting of 2008 - 8th Dec 2008

Jethro Carr jethro.carr at jethrocarr.com
Mon Dec 1 21:52:00 NZDT 2008

hi all,

Reminder that the last Wellylug meeting for 2008 will be on the 8th of
December.

If I can source a projector, I will be doing a presentation on
filesystem and IO testing I've been performing recently, comparing XFS
and ext3 filesystems along with IO impact of virtualization, disk
encryption and more.

I will confirm whether or not I'm able to do this once I find if the
venue host can dig up a projector. (we had one up until a couple of
months ago when Silverstripe moved).

Either way, come along for the last 2008 meeting and have fun, chat
Linux and discuss any technical problems. :-)

I have yet to work out any meetings for 2008 - I am keen to get any
feedback from the group about how meetings can be better - eg: timing,
location, etc. Feel free to post to the list, or to me directly.

I will send out an email later this month to discuss 2009 meetings and
remind all about giving me any feedback/suggestions.

regards,
jethro

--
Jethro Carr