[wellylug] Perl on server

Xav Paice xpaice at oss.co.nz
Mon Dec 8 14:20:10 NZDT 2008

----- "John Durham" wrote:
> My site is hosted in house Cent-os 4.7 (still operating fine). The
> question here relates to a 2 part feedback script (pair) written in
> perl. The server that used to operate it has been converted to other
> uses (not by me). Would it be possible/practical to set up the needed
> services and run it on this system?

Making some huge assumptions here but I see no reason why a perl script would not be able to be made to run on a Centos machine. More specific info would be good - what's the old server and how is (was) it configured, what are the scripts, are they cgi type scripts to run through apache or something different, what's the target machine got already...

Just some thoughts to start you off.