[wellylug] linux sold preinstalled

Jethro Carr jethro.carr at jethrocarr.com
Fri Jan 11 13:26:13 NZDT 2008

hi all,

Good news from the world domination front, the Wellington region DSEs
are going to be selling Linux-powered Acer laptops sometime soon.

http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/en/product/XC5822

They don't mention having wifi though.... having wifi work out-the-box
would be great. :-)

I've been approached by one of the stores, asking if we want to include
any Wellylug promotional materials with these machines.

What do we all think? A good idea to promote Wellylug to these new
users?

Perhaps if we created special meetings aimed for new users, it would be
a useful resource that any Linux-seller can point people to for free
community help? The current Wellylug meetings are quite technical and
aimed at sysadmin level which is quite different to a normal home user
level.

cheers,

--
Jethro Carr