[wellylug] linux sold preinstalled

Michael Grant alice.callum at xtra.co.nz
Fri Jan 11 21:38:18 NZDT 2008

Acer has been shipping laptops with linpus linux pre-installed in most of asia for some time now, I noticed it last year when I bought a laptop in Thailand, as the box was emblazoned with the chubby linpus penguin. Later I found out that the shop owners had blew out linpus and replaced it with a pirated copy of xp proffesional ( not that i use either linpus or xp natively)..

Hope that this makes sense as to why they would ship it here aswell,

Cheers, Callum