[wellylug] Motherboards

pcreso at pcreso.com pcreso at pcreso.com
Sun Jul 27 11:36:35 NZST 2008

--- On Sat, 7/26/08, Lindsay Hunter <lindsay at csw.co.nz> wrote:

> From: Lindsay Hunter <lindsay at csw.co.nz>
> Subject: Re: [wellylug] Motherboards
> To: "Wellington Linux Users Group" <wellylug at lists.wellylug.org.nz>
> Date: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 9:40 PM
> Any experience with Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H  spec at
> http://www.playtech.co.nz/product.php?action=showdetail&id=5289

Nope. I've only used the nvidia chipset boards for 3D graphics under Linux. I know AMD have opened up the ATi spec, & good Open Source drivers are coming, but I've hadmore success with nvidia so have stuck with them. If you don't need compiz & 3d gaming, you'll be fine.

My price would be $135, so they are pricing it pretty well. I've got an account with Playtech, as they are also Conextech, & are a Shuttle importer. Their warranty support is adequate, but has been slow compared with some others.

Cheers,

  Brent.