[wellylug] Compatable printers

thefrasers thefrasers at clear.net.nz
Sun Jul 27 14:29:08 NZST 2008

Good afternoon (sort of),

What would be your recommendation as a replacement for a
tatty old second hand HP Deskjet that has thrown its hand
in? We have a Lexmark 2470 attached to the Windowbox but
that isn't recognised by PCLOS or Puppy installed here too.
Candidates should be inexpensive, relatively common for
obtaining consumables, and have drivers for eg PCLOS. My
Goooogling indicates that the chances of getting the Lexmark
to say anything are very remote, but I would be happy if
someone can advise.

Thanks.