[wellylug] HackOff 2008 - July 15th

Grant McLean grant at mclean.net.nz
Mon Jun 23 22:30:45 NZST 2008

Hi Linux Folk

Any hackers out there looking for an opportunity to show off their
coding skills? ...

HackOff 2008 is a fun evening for teams of hackers to compete at solving
programming problems for fun.

Remember when coding was fun?  Before you got bogged down with UML
diagrams, architecture planning meetings, spec documents, units tests
and user documentation?  For one evening, we'll take you back to how
coding was meant to be - see a problem, solve it, move on.  The first
team to solve all the problems will be declared the winners and will
receive the adulation of their peers.

The evening will be hosted by Wellington Perl Mongers and Catalyst IT.
It's not just a 'Perl thing' - we're keen for the Python, Ruby, PHP,
Java, .Net and other communities to come and demonstrate the superiority
of their tools.

There are more details on the web site here:

  http://wellington.pm.org/hackoff/

You can download a flyer for your noticeboard from here:

  http://wellington.pm.org/hackoff/hackoff-flyer.pdf

We are asking teams to register so we can plan seating, power,
networking etc.  It will be a case of first-in for available places, so
be quick to ensure you don't miss out!

Cheers
Grant McLean
Coordinator - Wellington.pm