[wellylug] PuppyOS modem problem.

MDM Productions thefrasers at clear.net.nz
Wed Mar 26 13:27:52 NZDT 2008

Mark Foster wrote:

>John.

>     by mx.blakjak.net (Postfix) with ESMTP id EF4FE500D4
>     for <blakjak at blakjak.net>; Tue, 25 Mar 2008 07:34:59 +1300 (NZDT)
>
>Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 07:35:10 -0500
>
>Your PC appears to have the right time, but wrong timezone selected, thus
>your emails are coming through (when converted to NZT) about 18 hours
>ahead of where they should be. Could you fix please :-) As it stuffs with
>the way email is sorted in a lot of clients.
>
>Regarding your specific issue below, be careful mixing config files. You'd
>be better off putting the files side by side and looking for differences,
>IMHO.
>
>Cheers
>Mark.
>

>>Morning All,
>>
>>I've been thinking. Both the USB and hard drive installs save their
>>configurations in a file called in my case "pup_save-john.2fs". The USB
>>configuration can see the modem, the hard drive cannot, so why not
>>rename the hard drive file and copy the USB file across, or overwrite
>>the hard drive file? As you can deduce, fear of failure and the vertical
>>learning curve loom large here.What have I missed?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>John.
>>

>>--

Ah yes. Slight technical oversight (stuff-up) re: time zone. Fixed.
Sorry to be so dense, but efforts so far to open the configuration file
to view with Edit or a right-click get me a telling-off about not being
able to allocate 536870913 bytes to read the file. How would you go
about comparing the files on either drive?
How about an install with the modem drivers? Each driver is a .tgz
package and corresponding signature .tgz  There are source files, and
drivers with binary for Red Hat, Mandrake, and Suse in P3 and P4. IYHO,
what would I try and how?

Thanks,
John.